Thursday, March 5, 2009

Human's Pride

http://unreasonablefaith.com/2009/03/04/3-ways-christianity-prolongs-immaturity/#comments

(for some reason I can't make a hyperlink show up)

It's a blog written by a former evangelist who is now an atheist. I read one of the articles and felt challenged by the view he had(follow the link), so I wrote a comment saying that "a true mature Christian should obey what God commands with a loving heart".

I must say I was pretty shocked at the replies the people gave to my comment. Just read the article - I saw that people were so proud with themselves that they couldn't possibly think that obeying God with a loving heart was acting maturely in the eyes of God. Well, I understand their point of view, but it is rather disturbing to know that people block out God because of their pride...

Also after reading this article and the comments I realised that I really need to know how the atheists think in order to talk with them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I beg to differ. Pride has nothing to do with it, some of us just don't believe that doing something for god is the same as doing something because it's the right thing to do.